Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Dog hasn't eaten for 4 days, cinnamon and has been to vet-

Customer Question

dog hasn't eaten for 4 days
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: cinnamon and has been to vet- they gave meds the 1st time and changed them the 2nd time. I stopped all of them and he seems better but still not good. I know this is near end of life but other than not eating still goes outside, drinks water etc.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: My Dx was pulmonary edema- pink froty sputum.. Got a cardiac med and diurettc.. He was also taking a chewable for knee pain. tests run one of the test came back high for kidney and knee medsw stopped. 2nd trip i changed meds from ACE inhibiter, said it may cause stomach upset. tried to give new meds but vomiting ensued (just water and pills not yet desolved.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Congratulations on your new member status!

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food? New treats? Bones? Human food? The opportunity to get into the trash? Torn up toys? Stressful changes to the environment?

Can you list all of the medications he should be taking?

What is his resting respiratory rate (count all inhalations OR exhalations in 60 seconds, but do not count both)?