Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Our girl dog is bleeding from her private part,2 times this

Customer Question
month. She eats only grass. JA...
Our girl dog is bleeding from her private part,2 times this month. She eats only grass.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the girl?
Customer: No Ms.Pearl. Thanks
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
6/15/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. IF YOU GET REQUEST FOR A PHONE CALL, IT IS FROM THE WEBSITE AND NOT MYSELF. JUST IGNORE IT. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

How long ago was her last heat cycle?

Does she seem ill or not feeling good at this time?

About week. She doesn't eat food. She does drink water. She doesn't cry in pain.

So, to make sure we are on the same page, the bleeding from her heat cycle stopped then started again a week later?

When it started again, she started to feel bad?

How old is she?

Almost a week ago. No a few days ago. She's about 3years old

Thanks for the information. I would be concerned that she has a serious uterine infection called a pyometra, especially if the bleeding stopped then started again, and she feels bad. It usually happens after a heat cycle due to hormonal abnormalities. It can be life threatening, though, especially if the cervix closes, and it cannot drain. My best recommendation is to get her to your vet immediately. If this is a pyometra, you do not want to sit and watch it. Surgery to remove the uterus is usually necessary for getting rid of the infection. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation after rating. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. John

Hello. I was just following up to see how Ms Pearl is doing and to see if you have any other questions.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian