Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

I have a 66lb American staffordshire terrier...what would be

Customer Question

I have a 66lb American staffordshire terrier...what would be the dose for him or would benedryl be better
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the American Staffordshire terrier?
Customer: At times, as normal for his breed he'll charge the front door...otherwise I can basically put my hand down his throats to retrieve articles he shouldn't be eating....I just moved to Denver, unbeknown get of their wonderful pit bull ban. So I just want him to be on his best behavior...this dog has saved me many times from domestic abuse and no one in Denver is going to say I can't keep him. Thank you for you time
JA: What is the American Staffordshire terrier's name and age?
Customer: Buster and just turned 6 on 5/16
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Buster?
Customer: No no med, NKA, has never had a problem when he was boarded...gets along with other dogs especially females...he IS NOT an alpha dog..he's basically a peaceful kid loving dog....never bit but can get excitable..
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today! Please give me a few moments to type my response and I will be right back!

It appears the first part of the question was cut off. I can give you a benadryl dose for his size (adult 25 mg 2 & 1/2 tablets every 8-12 hours and may initially cause mild sedation) but am not sure what the best dose of what the other medication/ supplement is you are inquiring about?

Thank you

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman