Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian at Kingsland Blvd Animal Clinic
94981754

Second opinion] we have a 25# rescue spaniel mix dog. She is

Customer Question

Second opinion] we have a 25# ***** spaniel mix dog. She is going to the groomer tomorrow for her 2nd visit. she needs to take trazadone HCL 100mg 2 hours before. She goes crazy starting with the bath and everything else brushing trimming and nails cut. We both had to stay the first time and help the groomers with all of it. I am going to give her 2 pills. Anything else I can do???JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is the spaniel bleeding a lot?Customer: no not at allJA: What is the spaniel's name and age?Customer: Missy 3 yrs old. we have had erJA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Missy?Customer: no we have had her for 6 months. She will not let my husband c
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Meghan Denney replied 2 months ago.

Hi I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question.

I am sorry for the delay in someone answering your question

I would recommend adding in a medication called Gabapentin which works really well with trazadone and is to be given 1 hour before the groomer appointment is for next time. it is a prescribed medication from your veterinary and is generally very cost effective. I usually start my anxiety dosing at 10 or 10 mg/kg

I have had a lot of success adding the gabapetin in with my trazadone for my high anxiety dogs with grooming appointments and veterinary appointments.

Good luck with your pup. There are some other things we can try if the gabapentin does not help so let me know how it goes.

If this was helpful I would be most appreciative if you could take the time to rate my assistance so the site will credit me with helping you.

I am also here for additional questions you may have just reach out to me here and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Kind regards,

Dr. Meghan Denney