Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
97381174

75 lb. Mastiff ate 2.6 can of Sterno. she remains active,

Customer Question

75 lb. Bull Mastiff ate 2.6 can of Sterno. she remains active, has not thrown up. Does not seem effected. don't know how long ago it occurred but at least 2+ hours ago.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the bull mastiff will be able to digest that. What is the bull mastiff's name and age?
Customer: Fievel and 4 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Fievel?
Customer: not that comes to mind
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Scott Perry replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand that Fievel ate 2.6 cans of Sterno. Is that a correct?

Also, you may receive a request for a phone call. This is automatically offered by the website, but you do not have to accept it. I can not stop the offer from being made, but I am able to answer your question with the chat box only if you prefer it.

These come in 2.6 oz. cans. Is that the amount of liquid that she swallowed?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
she ate 1 can 2.6 oz
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
she remains active and alert. no problem noted.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is someone still reviewing?

The amount she swallowed based on her weight was not a toxic dose. She swallowed approximately 70 milliliters and a toxic level is about 135-140 milliliters. Some dogs exhibit signs of upset stomach such as vomiting or diarrhea, so this should be monitored. If she is acting normal, then nothing needs to be done.

If that answers your question, I would appreciate a positive review. You may leave up to 5 stars when ready. I will be standing by if you have any other questions. Thank you.