Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions
Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand that Fievel ate 2.6 cans of Sterno. Is that a correct?
Also, you may receive a request for a phone call. This is automatically offered by the website, but you do not have to accept it. I can not stop the offer from being made, but I am able to answer your question with the chat box only if you prefer it.
These come in 2.6 oz. cans. Is that the amount of liquid that she swallowed?
The amount she swallowed based on her weight was not a toxic dose. She swallowed approximately 70 milliliters and a toxic level is about 135-140 milliliters. Some dogs exhibit signs of upset stomach such as vomiting or diarrhea, so this should be monitored. If she is acting normal, then nothing needs to be done.
If that answers your question, I would appreciate a positive review. You may leave up to 5 stars when ready. I will be standing by if you have any other questions. Thank you.