Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I'm trying to make my dog calmer when it comes to groomer

Customer Question

I'm trying to make my dog calmer when it comes to groomer cause I do it myself and can be very difficult
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Stella 1 year
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Stella?
Customer: Nothing she's healthy
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 month ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Hello again,

This is a commonly asked question, I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. Well your vet will have a range of prescription drugs in tablet form which can be prescribed in this sort of situation, and this would be your best option. However in terms of human over the counter possibilities your only option would be Benadryl, this drug is known to have sedative properties in the dog. Follow this link for more information on how this drug is used in dogs including dose rates : LINK

2. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.