Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Second opinion] My dog started falling over and lost her

Customer Question

Second opinion] My dog started falling over and lost her balance and kept trying to get p and couldn't and she fell and had her front leg behind her head and then fell again and couldn't get up and I finally got her to a standing position and just held her there until she gained her strength and could stand on her own and this was longer then the other one she had and more falling and severe. She is 14 years old and a Papion. I just know she is going to have a bad one and then that will be terrible. Is there meds to help this? I don't think she acts like its a seizure. She has lost a lot of weight and is only 5 pounds and was a little over 6 last year at this time. Please advise. Thank youJA: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?Customer: GingerJA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ginger?Customer: She used to gobble her food and now she is very fussy and will eat one kind for awhile and then I try something else and I have been using the vet foods and she has some plaque on her teeth, but the vet just last week said he didn't want to sedate her if she is having these spells.She is still so active jumps and runs like a puppy and when she got over this last spell she ran and jumped around as if nothing happened.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Emily replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** I apologize that someone was unable to reach you sooner. If you would like to still discuss this please let me know.

My first question is whether your vet did any blood work at the recent visit you mentioned.