Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

Please. A Siberian Husky, She ate a tiny bit of moldy food.

Customer Question

please.
JA: What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: A Siberian Husky
JA: OK. I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the Siberian husky?
Customer: She ate a tiny bit of moldy food.
JA: The Veterinarian will know if the Siberian husky will be able to digest that. What is the Siberian husky's name and age?
Customer: Saphira and 3 years old.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Saphira?
Customer: No,
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today! Please give me a few moments to type my response and I will be right back!

Depending on what was moldy (bread versus meat) and how much likely she won't have any issues with the ingestion.

It would be a good idea taking a few precautions today:

- Pepcid (famotidine) 0.25 mg per pound every 12 hours for 3 days
- Leash walks to help the food pass more readily of >15 minutes twice daily
- Tonight bland diet of white rice and lean boiled meat such as chicken in small more frequent meals but waiting at least 12 hours after vomiting has subsided if she shows this symptom

I hope this information makes sense but please let me know who else I can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I am glad you were able to view my responses. I am online another 15 minutes before exiting until this evening if I can be of any further assistance to you both?

Good evening, I wanted to check in on Saphira to see how she is doing this evening? I would love an update when you are able

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today

If the information I have provided was helpful I would be grateful if you would rate our chat with the stars at the top of the screen so I am compensated for my time. Thank you and best of luck to you both, truly!