Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Second opinion] my puppy will be 1 month old tomorrow. He is…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hi, my puppy...
Second opinion] Hi, my puppy will be 1 month old tomorrow. He is a part of 5 puppies born that day. While his litter mates are all fat an healthy and feed without a problem, this one tries to eat but only ends up throwing up almost immediately. He is actually pretty skinny. I am concernedJA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did will eat anything unusual?Customer: No, just mama's milk and waterJA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about will?Customer: Last night I started feeding him Pedialyte diluted with water, as I heard it's good for dog's who won't eat, but even he's also thrown up after that
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/11/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Dr. B's recommendations are appropriate. We need to consider that his pup suffers from esophageal dysfunction... the symptoms of which are regurgitation in close proximity to eating. Megaesophagus (a ballooning out of the normally rigid esophagus), cricopharyngeal achalasia (a swallowing defect), and congenital (present at birth) myasthenia gravis (a neuromuscular disease) are all important considerations. Which breed is he, please?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian