Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My 4 month old puppy swallowed a chicken bone whole on

Saturday afternoon. It's now Thursday...
My 4 month old puppy swallowed a chicken bone whole on Saturday afternoon. It's now Thursday night and he had a small amount of diarrhea instead of a regular poop, could the bone cause an issue this many days later? He otherwise seems normal.
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/9/2017
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian

Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan. Currently I'm reviewing your question, and will be back to you in a few minutes.

It is not impossible for the bone to cause this diarrhea a this many days later, but it would be reallly really weird. In mose cases I'd say no this is probably unrelated to the chicken bone. If he is remainins normal this is not a big problem at this time, curious puppies will get diarrhea from time to time. If the diarrhea worsens to the point of not eating, lethargy, or if blood develops in the diarrhea then those are all reasons to see the vet. At this time however I don't expect the chicken bone has much if anything to do with the diarrhea. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions, if it did help, please leave a rating. Dr. Dan

Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian