Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Laceration between trunk and rear leg, about 4 square

Laceration between trunk and...

Laceration between trunk and rear leg, about 4 square inches, mostly skin, can see out line of muscle underneath dog is lying down won't eat

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Is the dog bleeding a lot?

No

Veterinarian's Assistant: Phew. What is the dog's name and age?

Robbie age 6

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about robbie?

I don't know whether to take him to the emergency animal care or wait till tomorrow morning and go to regular vet. it's pretty ugly and large area but not that deep. He may have torn the skin off on a barbed wire fence when we were on a hike this afternoon. did not see it till later

5/30/2017
Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 11 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue and as I am typing out a response.

Can you attach a photo of it?

what number do I send it to?

I am sorry, I am typing in a bed with my sleeping child in it with me, so I cannot do a phone call at this time. Are you able to attach a photo?

I have taken pictures on my phone but I need an email or a phone # to attach them to

There should be a button where you can attach them right to this discussion.

If you are on a computer, you can just email the photos to yourself on your phone, then open email on the computer and save the pics to the computer and then add them here.

Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Phone call session started
o.k. I am trying to do that now

Okay, I will wait.

Are you still wanting an answer, or did you already speak to another vet from this site?

I sent the pictures to myself but then the phone rang, it was another vet with an Engish accent who gave me helpful advice so I suppose I don't need to send you the pictures now.

Okay, great. Have a great night and good luck!

thank you , same to you

:)

I appreciated the call from the male vet with the English accent and have declined the other interaction with Ann M.

Got it. Thanks.

Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian