Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog has cherry eye, our vet ordered him neopolydex

Hi! My dog has cherry...
Hi! My dog has cherry eye, our vet ordered him neopolydex opthalmic ping three times a day, which has helped a little. Is there anything else I can do for him?
5/27/2017
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Regretfully, cherry eye doesn't respond to any conservative therapy. The dexamethasone in the Neopolydex has reduced the inflammation a bit in the third eyelid gland but that isn't curative. Cherry eye is a surgical problem. The gland needs to be surgically repositioned in its proper position behind the third eyelid. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian