Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog is undergoing chemotherapy for lymphoma, more

specifically the CHOP regimen. She...
My dog is undergoing chemotherapy for lymphoma, more specifically the CHOP regimen. She went in for her first part on last Tuesday, and goes in for her first IV on Wednesday. She's also on prednisone as part of it.She had 4 enlarged nodes, popliteals and prescapular.- Left prescapular has shrunk 75% or more, to the point I can't really find it.
- Right prescapular has shrunk maybe 40-50%.
- Left popliteal I can't tell a difference (but it was the smallest, marble size already)
- Right popliteal has shrunk maybe 30-50%, and feels a little softer. It's difficult to measure, this one was also the largest.The effect seemed to happen in the first 2 days, since then I haven't seen them shrink anymore.Is this normal? Could it take a few sessions to see them fully shrink, should I be concerned about resistance?
5/27/2017
Katherine Schmidt
Hello. My name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian. I would be happy to help answer your questions today. Please let me know when you are back online so I can help you. I do appreciate a response within 15 minutes. Thank you!
I am around.

Ok, give me a few minutes to formulate a response.

To answer your question, yes. This is normal. It is a good sign that the lymph nodes have shrunk that much already. It typically takes a few weeks for a dog's lymph nodes to go back down completely on CHOP. To me it sounds like you are right on course.

Do you have any other questions for me?

Katherine Schmidt

I'm just following up on our conversation about Sohee. How is everything going?

Katherine Schmidt
Katherine Schmidt
Katherine Schmidt
Katherine Schmidt