Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My Chihuahua fell of the porch tonight while wAlking down…

Customer Question
My Chihuahua fell of...

My Chihuahua fell of the porch tonight while wAlking down the stairs. His nose was bleeding we live in an upstairs apartment. We brought him in and help pressure til the bleeding stopped he was wAlking fine we laid in the bed and he started seizing and fell off the bed after the seizure he acted like he didn't know us. He's wAlking now but he can't close his mouth his tounge is hanging and he's drooling and keeps having mini seizures

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the Chihuahua's name and age?

Leo he is nine

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Leo?

No Not that I can think of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/27/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian. I would be happy to help answer your questions today. Please let me know when you are back online so I can help you. I do appreciate a response within 15 minutes. Thank you!

I am back online now I have received your email and our Chihuahua is doing somewhat better but I believe his jaw is dislocated any tips on how I can help him out with the pain for now until I can get him to a vet
you can give 1/4 of a baby aspirin to him to help keep him out of pain. Also feed him wet food
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian