Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 10 week yorkie hind leg was stepped on. He whelped for a…

Hi my 10 week...

Hi my 10 week yorkie hind leg was stepped on. He whelped for a bit and is not able to put pressure on it I called the vet's office and they told me to wait an hour to see if he puts pressure on and to not give him any medic I know that he is in pain but I can't do anything to comfort him, please help.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

There is no wound on the foot and I've checked for broken bones as well.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the?

No but he is holding his back leg and not putting pressure on it.

5/23/2017
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I am sorry your puppy is hurt. How long has it been since he got hurt?

2 hrs ago

I am so sorry you are going through this with your puppy. If he is not bearing weight after 2 hours I would have him seen by your veterinarian for a hands-on examination and prescription pain medication. Unfortunately, there is nothing over the counter that I can recommend for you to give him for pain, I am sorry. Do Not give human pain medication, it will be toxic for him. I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Dr. Peter

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Ok thank you, ***** ***** take him to the vet in the morning.

You're welcome. :)

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian