Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Began with what appeared to be a hot spot 2 days after

Customer Question

Began with what appeared to be a hot spot 2 days after having him groom and shots at vet; returned and vet said allergy gave antibiotic and benydril. 4-5days later 2 bad spots and all underneath body blood red, larthargic, not eating. By the time I got to vet he wasn't moving and where he laid in my lap his little area arong his genetils bleed on my pants. he couldn't hold his head up. The vet ER said he had a 105 temp did blood work but only showed low red blood and high white. That was Sunday, dog received extremely strong antibiotic shot and steroids for 3 doses and told to see reg vet. Today dog appeared to be getting better, would follow me, ate, and drank water. We went to reg. vet (just started using her this year) she said she could not figure what he was allergic to. She gave dog a shot of steroids rather than pills but since it was going to take a while to act she did give him one orally along with a pill to help his stomach since he wasn't eating much. He came home went to sleep at 3:30. He isn't responding. What should I do? I don't have moneey to keep going to vet?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the head will be able to digest that. What is the head's name?
Customer: What are you talking about?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Your answer has nothing to do with my question
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the head?
Customer: What head?????
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am sorry for the delay, thank you for your patience.

Can you tell me how your companion is doing at this time?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He went swimming and drank from mammoth spring in mammoth spring Arkansas. Father down it said do not drink or swim due to nitrogen

Have his symptoms changed at all since your original post? Is he same, worse, improved?