Sarah Snow
Sarah Snow,
Experience:  Veterinarian at The Vet Clinic East
95832735

My shorkie keeps crying. His stomach seems bloated. He

Customer Question

My shorkie keeps crying. His stomach seems bloated. He didn't eat much today and when I took him out in the morning he pooped pebbles
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Koda. 8 moths. 8lbs 8oz.
JA: How old is Koda?
Customer: He saw a vet last week. A cat scratched his eye ball. He's on BNP triple antibiotic ointment opthalmic ointment 3.5gm. 2x aday
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Koda?
Customer: He has a growth between his toes on his left paw that started last Friday day after seeing the vet. He seems to be limping here and there. Other than nothing up until Thursday last week with the cat. I checked his temp. 101.7
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Korda ate a leaf from a fern plant about 1/2ish today while I was working in the garden.
Expert:  Sarah Snow replied 4 months ago.

I am Dr. Snow, and I can try and help you with Koda. Is he urinating normally? When did he last eat?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He ate this morning. Then around 1or 2 he ate a fern. Drinking normal. Urinated about an hour ago. Keeps looking to his right. Constantly

It sounds like he might be a bit constipated since he only pooped pebbles. Did the symptoms start before or after he ate the fern?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well he pooped pebbles before. But the stomach bloating and head turning after. My concern with the head turning is the left eye got scratched could he be trying to see ? Could is visionnin the left eye be failing him?

Well a cat scratch to the eye is very concerning, but I'm wondering if he is looking to the right at his belly? I'm worried his belly is uncomfortable. Do you have any canned pumpkin?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No. I tried soaking dog food in milk. He wouldn't eat. I'm a block from grocery store I can run and get some. Any kind canned pumpkin?

Canned pumpkin (any kind) - just not pumpkin pie filling as its filled with sugar. Usually they like the taste and it can help them poop. I think the eye should be rechecked soon by your veterinarian as well.

My guess is he is having some tummy upset. While you're out you may want to get some Pepcid to settle his stomach. He's little but you can give him 1/4th of a 10mg tablet.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok.thank you I will try it.

Ok, great, let me know how it goes! Please let me know if I can help further, and please kindly rate me using the stars at the top. :)

How is he doing today?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He ate about 1/4 of pumpkin. He pooped smoothly late last night and again this morning. He's stomache has gone down. He stopped looking to his right and stopped crying.

Ok, that is great! How is he today? Please kindly rate me as well using the stars at the top!

Dr. Snow

Hello!

Any new updates?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was promised an an answer by email and text. I only received email. It was over 45 minutes of a wiait. Not within 30 as promised. However, the vet was right my dog was constipated the fix of pumpkin she gave me worked. And he was much better within hours for that reason I did it ask for my money back.

I'm glad he is better!