Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

Dog ate spackling compound,,what do we do? Gus, 5 years,

Customer Question

dog ate spackling compound,,what do we do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Gus, 5 years
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Gus?
Customer: Staffordshire
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Gus ate very little, he seems fine. He's healthy and fun and we love him....
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

The spackling compounds are considered of very low toxicity to dogs. I encourage caretakers to overfeed and offer tasty fluids in the form of milk, cream, broths, and bouilons in order to dilute however much was ingested which should help avoid the gastrointestinal irritation that might arise from ingesting such an unusual thing. Inducing emesis isn't necessary or recommended.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.