Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog got into the trash and ate the rings that go around

Customer Question

My dog got into the trash and ate the rings that go around Bologna. I looked up to see what Bar-S rings are made of and they say Collagen. It has been 48 hours. She still is urinating and drink but not eat and does not want to have a stool movement. What should I do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bailey she is a chawennie. She weighs about 30 lbs
JA: How old is Bailey?
Customer: 6
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bailey?
Customer: She is laying around a lot
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- Is she trying to defecate?

2- Any vomiting?