Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have Chiwaawas not they ate half I don't know which one

Customer Question
Hi I have Chiwaawas not...
Hi I have Chiwaawas not they ate half I don't know which one ate them can they die off this
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Casper or lady about a year old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Casper?
Customer: But the girl just gave birth name she's breastfeeding the little dogs Is it harmful for them
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/12/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

What did they eat?

They ate vitaperal but one of the dogs is a female not she just gave birth name is ***** ***** don't know which one exactly ate it
I can't don't have a phone just lost it yesterday I'm talking thru my tablet

Chat is fine; please disregard the phone request, it is sent by the site automatically not me.

To make sure I got this right, is it vitapearl the vitamin supplement?

I'm kind of worry if it can affect the breast feeding
I really don't know which one did it is have two big ones not two babies

1- Can you list the ingredients with milligrams?

2- How many pills did she take?

3- How long has it been since she ate it?

They about a year old now the babies a month
I had 30 pills but the ate 13
I saw maybe 5 on the floor they didn't finish

2- How long has it been since you think she took them?

Just now

Friend, if you answer the questions in the order I submit them it will help keep me organized but we can also move a lot faster. Can you please list the ingredients with the milligrams in each pill? Or, take a picture of the label and post it on this thread?

It looks like you have gone offline. I am going to opt out so another expert can help you. I can not wait any longer, I am going offline and won't be back for several hours.

Dr. Peter

I had thru the box out really don't know it's the long rectangle one they are vitaperal prenatal vitamins
You can goggle it
It doesn't say I had lost my phone yesterday I'm talking thru a tablet
Ok
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

I'll follow up for Dr. Peter for you. I only need to know the weight of your smallest Chihuahua who could have ingested as many as 8 pills. I'm only concerned with the amount of vitamin D3 and iron in those pills which I know.

I really don't know maybe 25 pounds
They ate small dogs
Maybe a year now half old
I really don't know which one did it but in case the female did is it harmful because just gave birth name she's breastfeeding two little ones a month old
How can I know who did it

A 25 lb Chihuahua? They're usually no larger than 10 lbs. If I'm correct, there's isn't enough vitamin D3 in 8 pearls to be a problem. There's only 10 mg of elemental iron in each pearl so 80 mg/10 lbs = 8 mg/lb which is less than the 9 mg/lb of ionizable iron which is toxic to dogs. Thus, your dogs are going to remain safe and there's no need to induce emesis or treat in any manner. Please respond with further questions or concerns.

I lost my phone yesterday done have a land line or cellphone I'm talking thru a tablet
Ok thank u but if I see something strange I will contact us have a blessed day

You're quite welcome. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian