Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog has been biting her skin to the point of bleeding and

Customer Question

My dog has been biting her skin to the point of bleeding and also has has blood soaked feces on and off for the past month. I am scared for her. She is 10 years old.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: No she's been pretty healthy up until this point. She will though have a couple of days of regular poop and then go right back to the bloody stool. She's becoming somewhat thin.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- How long has she been biting her skin?

2- Is she on any medications?

3- Any pre existing medical conditions?

4- Has she been seen by a veterinarian for these problems?