Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My Maltese keeps biting his front paws and his tail. Can I

Customer Question
give him Benadryl and how...
My Maltese keeps biting his front paws and his tail. Can I give him Benadryl and how much?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the Maltese's name and age?
Customer: KoKo Monster will be 3 years old in July.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about July?
Customer: His name is*****
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Well I'd like to know now before I go spend unnecessary monies.
5/12/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 6 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

You can. Dogs can receive 1-2mg/pound of body weight every 8-12 hours for itching. I, on the other hand, prefer Zyrtec for dogs with allergies. If you find the Benadryl doesn't yield the results you're looking for, try the Zyrtec. Dosing info here: http://cheyennewest.com/antihistamines-for-dogs-cats/

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse