Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 8 year old boxer has been very lethargic, disoriented,

Customer Question

My 8 year old boxer has been very lethargic, disoriented, and panting heavily. He looks very dazed. Tail tucked between his legs and is sitting VERY oddly when he does sit. Is this something neurological? It happened once last week also and lasted 1 day and after that he was fine. I am so confused!
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Maddy
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Maddy?
Customer: I truly don't have much history on him. He was apart of a missionary family until 3 months ago when I took him in because they were going to put him down. He is a boxer and lab mix we believe. For sure boxer.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Do you know why the family was originally planning to put him down?
2) Does he have a history of illness or injury?
3) Do you have a video to share of what you're seeing?
4) Has he had any history of seizure activity?
5) Is he on any medication at this time?