How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michelle Ward Your Own Question
Michelle Ward
Michelle Ward, Dog Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 29
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian at Riverview Animal Clinic
97917792
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Michelle Ward is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog broke and I guess ate a candy thermometer. What do I

Customer Question

Hi my dog broke and I guess ate a candy thermometer. What do I do !
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Michelle Ward replied 5 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Michelle. I will see if I can help. Was this a glass or plastic thermometer? Was the mercury eaten as well? If the mercury was eaten, then he needs to be seen immediately at an emergency clinic for mercury toxcity. Otherwise, you could feed him a large meal, or some bread to help catch any small pieces of plastic or glass that may be in his system. I hope this helps. Dr. Michelle