Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

What sort of animal are we talking about? Old English

Customer Question

.What sort of animal are we talking about? Customer: Old English Sheepdog, 5 years old JA: OK. I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the Old English sheepdog? Customer: I am happy that you like dermatology. I am a nurse practitioner myself. but my 5 year old sheepdog has turned grey as they always do. i have never seen one start getting black patches of fur. a birthmark? melanoma? have you ever seen this? JA: What is the Old English sheepdog's name? Customer: Bruno JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bruno? Customer: I rescued Bruno 1 year ago from the OES rescue. A few years ago, he was hit by a car and the owners could not afford the surgery. He spent a year at the vet and they saved his leg.......and i was next on the rescue list. he is a wonderful dog. JA: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot? Customer: no why?

Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i am wondering why you ask if there is a wound on his foot? does that have anything to do with black patches of fur coming in? he has about 4 black patches.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

It looks like the expert that you had requested is currently not signed on. Would you like my assistance? If so, can you provide a few pictures of what you're seeing?