Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

10yr old red bone coon hound. 60 lb awful rattle in chest

Customer Question

10yr old red bone coon hound. 60 lb awful rattle in chest wont eat had fever its gone slobers eyes running i havecipro how much how often
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the hound's name and age?
Customer: oftenJedidiah 10years always real healthy
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about oftenJedidiah?
Customer: No hes the perfect dog
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry you are concerned about Jedidiah. I am also sorry you did not get help from a Just Answer expert before now. I just came online and saw your question.

Do you still need help with him? How is he doing?

Cipro is not a good antibiotic in dogs; it is not well absorbed when taken by mouth in dogs, so it may not help him.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That wasnt much of an anwser so should i at least try it?Well. I did try it i couldnt wait any longer not all nite as sick as he was so i tried it and so far it is really helping
Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.
Glad to hear it. It isn't not well absorbed in most dogs, but it sounds like he is one of the dogs it helps so good for him. Your questions is still open so please let me know if you have more questions.