Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

She has a bump on the top of her paw JA: I'm sorry to hear

Customer Question

She has a bump on the top of her paw
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Miniature schnauzer
JA: OK. What is the miniature schnauzer's name and age?
Customer: She is 10. Her name is*****: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Dena?
Customer: She has bad allergies
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Can you upload a photo(s) of this bump to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Does the picture help

Thank you. Give me a moment to take a look, please...

Regretfully, it's too out of focus for me to assess properly. Can you try again, please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is this better

Much. Thank you. The bump is a benign-looking tumor - one of the sebaceous gland tumors or perhaps a fibroma. There's no urgency in having this removed unless it enlarges at an alarming rate (doubles in size within a few months, e.g.), ulcerates, bleeds, or bothers Dena or you. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I popped it..and blood came out
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I popped it..and blood came it

Tumors can have a cystic component which you apparently broke open. You'll need to keep the area disinfected for a week with a chlorhexidine solution such as over the counter Hibiclens available in your local drug store.