Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I removed a dime sized clot of dried blood i thought was not

Customer Question

I removed a dime sized clot of dried blood i thought was not attached to the skin from a matt on my dogs (14 yo cocker spaniel mix) throat, and underneath it is a wierd , slightly bloody tiny stem-looking thing. I'm thinking i should not have removed the clot (it didn't seem to bother her) and now i'm concerned about the open area w 'stem' becoming infected since its not covered by the clot. What should i do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: She has 5 or 6 benign button sized flat tumors. The area i referred to on her throat that i just uncovered doesn't seem to be bothering her at this time
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. Just ignore it. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Are you able to take a picture of the area and post it or attach it to your next message?