PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

He is 2 months Wene to the get today he got dewormed and

Customer Question

He is 2 months Wene to the get today he got dewormed and parvo shot and Now he doesnt want to eat or drink been giving hīm pedilite with a suringe. He is Veremona weke but no diarrhea or vomitingʻ. Any suggestion.

JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Customer: Sorry he is a border collie/catahoula

JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?

Customer: Yes a puppy

JA: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the Border collie eat anything unusual?

Customer: Not that i know of

JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the Border collie's name?

Customer: Hana boy

JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Hana?

Customer: Just Very weak.

Is it ok to give him amoxicillian from another dog

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Antibiotics from another dog likely won't help him in this situation. It sounds like he's having a reaction to the vaccines that were given. He can receive 1-2mg/pound of body weight of Benadryl every 8-12 hours. For pets avoiding taking medication readily, you will likely need to using a pilling technique like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P6NfbxeLX0 I would also contact your vet's office to let them know of this reaction. The next time he goes in for vaccines they will likely want to premedicate with Benadryl and short-lasting steroids to reduce inflammation and discomfort. Your vet may also prescribe an NSAID to help with the lethargy and any discomfort, as well. From this point forward, it may be necessary to have him premedicated
before all vaccines to ensure that he doesn't have the same reaction.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating.

I will also check in with you over the next few days for updates on your companion to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. Letting me know how your companion is doing would be greatly appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Customer

Checking in. How is your companion doing?