Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog is making a wheezing sound. she's a miniature poodle.

Customer Question

hello - my dog is making a wheezing sound. she's a miniature poodle. she acts like she's trying to throw up. she spit up a little clear fluid, now she is just wheezing and making the throw-up motions now and then.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your miniature poodle eat anything unusual?
Customer: not that i know of... maybe a small bite of human food like a tiny bit of crispy grilled chicken about 3 hours ago
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the miniature poodle's name and age?
Customer: Zoey. I believe she is about 6
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Zoey?
Customer: no
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
She has been 'digging' on the furniture and beds a lot recently. Seems like she does this every few months. Starts acting kind of reclusive, burying her food, and dig dig digging on the furniture like she wants to dig a tunnel to China. Just mentioning this in case this behavior could be a related symptom. I've never heard her have this wheezing sound before. It happened 15 minutes ago and seems it has now stopped. She seems fine, just a little tired but otherwise normal. Her nose is wet. She's curled up on my lap.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Are you hearing any coughing?
2) Have there been any changes to the diet? New food? New treats? Bones? Human food? The opportunity to get into the trash? Torn up toys, etc?
3) Can you share a video of what you're seeing?