Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

I just wrote a question online but my computer had to be

Customer Question

I just wrote a question online but my computer had to be plugged in and I lost you .
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the plug?
Customer: my dog got ahold of my eye medicine that come in little viles and may have gotten some of the medicine in his mouth or swallowed some and when I looked at the lable it say Keep out of reach of children if swallowed get medical help or contact a prison control center . the eye drops are called Retaine "MGD' They are used for dry eye
JA: The Veterinarian will know if Retaine will be able to digest that. How old is Retaine?
Customer: Retain is the name of the medicine
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about name?
Customer: Called retain "MGD"
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Thankfully, none of the ingredients in that product are toxic to dogs in the amount found in those vials. As with ingesting anything unusual transient gastrointestinal distress in the form of inappetence, vomiting and/or diarrhea can arise but your dog wasn't intoxicated. There's no need to induce emesis or treat in any manner. Please respond with further questions or concerns.