Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

My dog is asking strange after an outing this morning. She

Customer Question

My dog is asking strange after an outing this morning. She is 11 years old, we went on a walk. After fetting home, she wax having a hard time getting out of the car, no appetite, drinks water a bit but will not get up and move much
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Abby
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Abby?
Customer: Not thst I can think of. She had pancreatitis years ago and has somewhat of a sensitive stomach
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Sheena Christensen replied 4 months ago.

Hi there. I am Dr. Christensen. Give me just a minute while I review your question.

Unfortunately, there are a number of things that could be causing these clinical signs that you are seeing in Abby -- lethargy (or not getting up much) and a decreased appetite. I get concerned when dogs aren't eating and drinking, as this will lead to dehydration. I would recommend taking Abby to see a veterinarian for assessment and to get fluids to prevent dehydration.

​I hope that was helpful. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

I'll follow up for Sheena Christensen for you. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Abby, please? While her symptoms of difficulty moving around and anorexia are important ones, they're not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one particular disorder.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I took her to an emergency vet last night. They believe that she was bleeding internally. We brought her home and made her comfortable but early this morning she passed away.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I think she might have had a tumor or something going on with her heart. And the tumor had started bleeding.

Oh my goodness. My condolences for your loss of Abby. I appreciate your taking the time to let me know. You may receive an inappropriate follow-up from the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.