Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Diarrhea treatment for dog, my dog has diarrhea it clears up

Customer Question

diarrhea treatment for dog
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: my dog has diarrhea it clears up but keeps coming had changed food to a lamb and rice formual
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Mugz he's a GWP 3yrs
JA: How old is GWP?
Customer: 3 years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about GWP?
Customer: have 3 other GWP they have no problems with the food i'm feeding
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 11 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue and as I am typing out a response.

Is your dog on monthly heartworm preventative? I ask because they also protect against intestinal parasites. When was the last time your vet checked a stool sample for parasites? How long has the diarrhea been going on?