Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Our 14 1/2yr old pitbull has severe arthritis and has

Customer Question

Our 14 1/2yr old pitbull has severe arthritis and has declined in health recently. We have our vet coming this afternoon for euthanasia. It's early morning and she is still crying. Should I get
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Lady. 14 and a half. She has been crying thru the night for 2 days,
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lady?
Customer: She is on gabapentin 2x day and tramadol.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Sean Egan replied 4 months ago.

Hi there, this is Dr. Sean. I just came online, and am at work, but see that your question has not yet been answered. I'm sorry for that. I’ll be happy to answer your question about Lady.

A pop-up screen may appear asking if you would like a phone call. Please click NO, as I cannot take phone calls.

I'm so sorry for what you are going through- it's so difficult when we have to say goodbye to our loyal friends. Are you looking for something to make her more comfortable? Has she been on any NSAID medications like Rimadyl or Deramaxx, or just the gabapentin and tramadol?