Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

We have accidentally give our golden retriever a double dose

Customer Question

Hi, We have accidentally give our golden retriever a double dose (100mg) of Carprofen rather than 50 mg. Yesterday she had surgery to remove a large lump from her hip and this was one of three medications she is meant to take. She has also taken 500 mg of amoxyclav and Gabapenitn 100mmg. Any suggestions on what we should do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Daisy is 8 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Daisy?
Customer: No
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Scott Perry replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand that Daisy was given a double dose of Carprofen. I will be able to help you. First, I need to know about how much Daisy weighs?

Also, you may receive a request for a phone call premium service. This is automatically generated by the website, so you do NOT have to answer it. I can answer your question via text only if you prefer it.