Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Lots of blood in his urine and vomiting clear liquid with

Customer Question

Lots of blood in his urine and vomiting clear liquid with white froth drinking lots of water
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Three year old male lab
JA: OK. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the three year old eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not that I know about he did get into his sack of food and overeat earlier yesterday
JA: What is the three year old's name and age?
Customer: Cody. 3 yr old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Cody?
Customer: He has been neutered and last visit to regular vet is up to date on all shots
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has he had these signs? Did they all start after he overate?

Is he passing large or small volumes of urine?

Are his gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, any discomfort, distended, tenderness, or tensing?

Could he have eaten anything else that was harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He is still peeing large puddles of mostly bright red blood and fast heartbeat can be seen on the stomach area. Going on since midnight. Am taking him to Northside Clinic to see our vet. Was hoping you would help earlier so he could get some relief. Thank you anyway, have a good day.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again,

I am glad you are having Cody seen. Since we weren't able to aid when you posted I will pass this question back to customer service.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.