Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog has just eaten approx a teaspoon of borax. Tyler,

Customer Question

My dog has just eaten approx a teaspoon of borax.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Tyler, he's 7
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tyler?
Customer: He weighs 14kg
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 4 months ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Hello again,

I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. Good news! ... Borax is not that toxic to dogs and it is very unlikely that a smaller amount like that will have any serious effects on a 14 Kg dog, you may see a minor transient bout gastro-enteritis but perhaps not even that.

2. There are no special measure you need take in this sort of situation, other than just keeping an eye on your dog. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if Tyler's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.