Michelle Ward
Michelle Ward, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian at Riverview Animal Clinic
97917792

My small dog ate one pellet of the ones that say pet

Customer Question

My small dog ate one pellet of the ones that say pet friendly is she pretty safe
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Katie is 13
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Katie?
Customer: She is on medication for a heart murmur and has pancreatites
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Michelle Ward replied 5 months ago.

This is Dr. Michelle. I will see if I can help Katie. What kind of pellet did she ingest?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Multiguard snail pellet the pet friendly one

How big a dog is she?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it has been an hr and she seems fine

The effects can be hours later. I would give some hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting just to be sure. 1 tablespoon should be enough to start

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have had to leave for work someone will be home in a few hours the pellet is tiny and they are supposed to be pet friendly unless consumed in large amounts

You could call the company just to be sure. Sometimes pet friendly doesn't mean ingested, so maybe clarify with them? Please let me know what happens. All the best to you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for all your advice Michelle. .. The update is I called the company as you advised and they said she should be fine and would be surprised if she was sick as 1 or even 2 pellets are not a concern it's them getting into the whole box ...this was a safer for pets brand...Katie is doing fine with no sign of poisoning I hope this is helpful

Thank You! That is great news for little Katie :)

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Michelle Ward