Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

Have a 10 week old puppy. W litter mates died yesterday

Customer Question

Have a 10 week old puppy. W litter mates died yesterday while I was out of town. This one is very lethargic, weak. Eats very little and will lap a couple of times with earwe but is out of it otherwise.. trying to get hi. Through the night to get to vet in am. Took him to ER vet and $300 later we know nothing.Any suggestions that might help us keep him alive until morning?? Grand child's pet... I have to do what I can! She is very upset
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I apologize for the typos. 2 litter mates died. There are6 left and others seem to be ok
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on this puppy, please? Regretfully, without my physically examining this pup and knowing which symptoms it exhibiting I'm at a loss to tell you why he's so ill. Did the two littermates show symptoms before dying? Did the ER perform any testing on this pup?