Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Well have a americab pitbull amd i was wondering if i could

Customer Question

well have a white americab pitbull amd i was wondering if i could give him a little bit of fat cat carbohydrate and protien body builder iseen this product atTSC and i live right next to it i was just wondering
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but wanted to touch base with you. Now this wouldn't be something to use in dogs as it would likely lead to obesity due to their not actually having a carbohydrate requirement. Instead, if you are to increase his muscle mass you just need to feed higher animal protein levels. So, ideally offer puppy food or a commercial diet for active/working dogs. Or you can even add cooked chicken (no bones), beef or pork to his diet to give him more protein building blocks for growth and development.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Please rate me by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page as this is the only way the site credits me for helping you!: )