Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My little dog is sick he has sugar diabeetus I can't give

Customer Question

My little dog is sick he has sugar diabeetus I can't give him the shots because he bites and freaks out now he's better then a couple of days ago but he has stuff in his eyes it's like his eyes hurt really bad and there's a lot of it's yellow and white stuff pussy looking stuff in his eyes what do I do
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?
Customer: His eyes are full of pus and it seems like they hurt his eyes he's eating well and drinking well I think he got poisoned next door I'm going to boil some rice and hamburger for him but what do I do about his eyes what can I let them out with
JA: Did you see what the dog ate?
Customer: No I didn't see what he ate but the woman put something out maybe Brett poison
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: No I think that's about it just that he looks really good it's just his eyes or screwed up
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share clear, close up pictures of his eyes?

Are you seeing any opacity?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My dog thay said has diabeetus but he is not needle friendly I can't give him the shot even with a muzzle he's a very small dog but he's mean and I know that it's liver failure so what do I do how do I

If his eyes are just showing signs of matter, this is not indicative of liver failure. If you do believe he's in liver failure, you will need to contact your vet's office to schedule an appointment for him for bloodwork to confirm it. From there, the option may exist to have him hospitalized on fluids. I do want to reiterate that just having discharge from the eyes is not a sure sign of liver failure.

Are you seeing any opacity?