Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

My JR and shaking, Jock, 14 yo and very fit and healthy, 14,

Customer Question

.my JR and shaking JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age? Customer: Jock, 14 yo and very fit and healthy JA: How old is Jock? Customer: 14 JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jock? Customer: he is a entire, Parsons ***** *****, smooth coat. about 11kilos. Tall variety. Nearly died of a paralysis tick last Sept but amaxingly pulled through. Has had shaking in his boddy for many years, although started out in back hip area, now seems to be more all over. Also I believe he has had some petit mals. not so much lately possible due to cortisol we have him on. I also believe that it is rare in JR i.e. white shaker but want to look at other options

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Jock, please? Regretfully, shaking is a nonspecific symptom of illness but usually indicates pain or anxiety. His possible history of seizure disorder, however, suggests that you might be seeing partial seizures at this time. You're correct to consider a known tremor syndrome as well such as idiopathic corticosteroid-responsive tremor syndrome seen mostly in young (less than 5 years of age) and small breeds (less than 15 kg/33 lbs). A video of Jock's behavior would be very helpful for his vet and me. You can upload videos to YouTube or a similar app and then give us the link to it. Please remember not to mark it as private.