Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Hve 2 small doxen mix bbreed, they were eating well fo a

Customer Question

hve 2 small doxen mix bbreed, they were eating well fo a long time and recently started refusing to eat. they drink plenty of fresh water from facut but will mot eat their dog food. they are eating special dog food mixture of lamb and rice.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog training's name and age?
Customer: One is part doxen and terrior and is about 10 years old The smaller dog is part doxen ans is abou7 years old. I feed them mixter of lamb and rice.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dog Trainer should know about One?
Customer: no not that I can think of.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Meghan Denney replied 4 months ago.

Hi I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question.

Can you please provide me with some additional information about your pups so I can better assist you?

When did you start supplementing with the lamb and rice on top of their regular dog food?

Is their dog food lamb and rice as well just in dry dog food form?

Can you tell me if we are talking a few days of not eating their dog food or a few weeks?

Have you tried mixing the two together ?

Are their stools normal?

Expert:  Scott Perry replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I can take over for Dr. Denney. You mentioned your two small dogs are eating a special dog food of lamb and rice. Can you tell me why they were put on that diet? Do they have a history of a sensitive stomach?

Also, you may receive a request for a phone call premium service. This is automatically generated by the website, so you do NOT have to answer it. I can answer your question via text only if you prefer it.