Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

I have a 9 year old pug that has not been able to walk using

Customer Question

I have a 9 year old pug that has not been able to walk using her hind legs. she drags herself around.I hold her up when she needs to use the bath room. she was always jumping off the furniture and i dont know if she hurt herself
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: yes there is nothing on her foot
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Ellie
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ellie?
Customer: no
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- How long since she lost the function of the back legs?

2- Any other symptoms?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it has been a week and no other symptoms
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok is anyone going to answer me

I am sorry, I did not see that you answered. Last question, has she been seen by a vet for this problem?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
not yet
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do not wish to start any free trial for this type of service and i willbe taking her to the vet tomorrow. I am sorry i ask any questions i feel this was a scam .you best not bill my credit card for anything other then the 5.00 deposit or I will be reporting this site as fraudulent.

I am sorry for the delay in response. I had some technical problems at this end. Please give me a few more minutes, I am typing your answer. Thank you.

Friend, the symptoms that you are describing are consistent with a disc that has herniated and is putting pressure on the spinal cord and for this reason, she has lost the function of the back legs. This is actually an emergency the longer she goes untreated the less likely she will regain the function of the back legs. I understand that you are taking her to see your vet tomorrow. I would not wait until tomorrow, I would have her checked today as an emergency. If the vet confirms that she has a disc herniated they will start her on prescription anti-inflammatory medication. I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Dr. Peter