Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My dog developed small -pink hard cauliflower shape bumps on

Customer Question

My dog developed small white-pink hard cauliflower shape bumps on her head and a few more on her back. She is a miniature schnauzer. I don't use medicated nor tick/flea shampoo. They don't seem to bother her. She is 4 yrs old
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?
Customer: I do not use flea or tick shampoo. She is on heart guard and nexguard
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: No
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Most likely these are viral Papilomas or warts which are benign and will not cause any harm to your sweet gal. These usually occur when there is a suppressed immune system so it is advisable to have your vet check your gal to be sure there has not been another issue that is causing a suppressed immune system. These can be removed but will often return. If you have your gal groomed, often these can be caught in the clippers and cause bleeding so, in this case, it is good to have these removed.

This LINK will explain in more detail.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****

Expert:  monina-cssm replied 4 months ago.
Dear Customer: We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/dog-health/aeo9g-dog-developed-small-pink-hard-cauliflower-shape-bumps.html).
Thank you,
The JustAnswer Customer Support Team.