Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My pekingese has the cherry eye and now it has started

My pekingese has the...

My pekingese has the cherry eye and now it has started getting goop or puss on the eye is this dangerous for his eye sight

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Wilson and he is 7 years

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Wilson?

Not really he just has attitude that won't let anybody do anything for him except me so in return he hasn't been to a vet in about 2 years I am afraid he will bite them. He has bitten me before

5/2/2017
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Friend, the cherry eye itself does not interfere with vision. But, if there is mucus (goop) or pus in the eye this could be a sign of infection or dry eye which can lead to ulceration of the cornea, untreated this can progress and certainly interfere with vision. Unfortunately, we are very limited as to what you can try at home, I am sorry. I would have him checked by your veterinarian to perform a tear test and evaluate the eye. The medications used will be determined by the eye examination. In the meantime, you can flush and clean the eyes with over the counter eyewash. The day he is to see the veterinarian do not clean or flush the eyes.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter