Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I am not sure that you can as it is more of a behavior

I am not sure...

I am not sure that you can as it is more of a behavior question than a medical one

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?

It is actually a hypothetical situation I am trying to disprove

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

No because it isn't about a specific dog; it is about dogs in general

4/29/2017
Sean Egan

Hi there, this is Dr. Sean. I’ll be happy to answer your question.

A pop-up screen may appear asking if you would like a phone call. Please click no, as I cannot take phone calls.

So, what's the hypothetical situation?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the situation is about two dogs who, after two weeks, ate their owners (they died from other causes that had nothing to do with the dogs). I am trying to disprove a belief that once a dog has tasted human flesh he will crave it and try to get it again. I say BS and that dogs were acting out of natural instinct due to hunger

You are exactly right. Dogs as well as any other animal (including humans if you've seen the movie 'Alive') will eat whatever they can to survive. I imagine that after 2 weeks without food, they had no choice but to eat their people, but once rescued and put in another home, they would go back to eating dogfood, they would not crave blood or human flesh. I have seen many dogs in similar situations (not eating people, but starving and eating whatever they can find) that made excellent pets when put into a normal situation again.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You would be surprised at how many so called animal professionals don't know that as the dogs were considered unadoptable and put down. As someone who has a tendency to like dogs more than some people this ignorance almost brought me to tears. Attached are my 1 yr old blood thirsty golden retriever brothers who, if you aren't careful, will try to lick you to death

Lol- very cute!

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.

If you have any counter arguments that come up, let me know.

Sean Egan
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you, ***** ***** been great
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will but honestly any future arguments and I think I would just walk away shaking my head and praying they never own a dog

Yes, good idea... welcome to my world ;)

Sean Egan
Sean Egan
Sean Egan