Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My Shi-Tzu has been diagnosed with dry eye and every

Customer Question
medicine that the vet has...
My Shi-Tzu has been diagnosed with dry eye and every medicine that the vet has prescribed has not helped. He has mucus in his eyes and have to be cleaned multiple times a day and when he wakes up his eyes are matted closed. He also has a skin condition that we can't get a handle on. He is currently under a vet's care and we have spent a couple of thousand dollars on these two conditions with no improvement. Can you please help?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: A 6 year old Shi-Tzu. (dog)
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: Yes my dog
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Ollie
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ollie?
Customer: He has been neutered and we have had allergy testing. He is current on all shots and is groomed every 6 weeks. He is black and white.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/26/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear about Ollie's problems.

I don't want to suggest things you have already tried. What eye medications were tried?

What have you tried for his skin?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian