Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Is there something non-toxic that can be used around the

house to repel spiders, e.g...
Is there something non-toxic that can be used around the house to repel spiders, e.g. something like peppermint or lemon juice?
4/26/2017
Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Hi there, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed veterinarian with 12 years experience and I am happy to assist you.
Herbs have been used for centuries for repelling insects and are still just as effective today as they were all those years ago. Essential oils in these plants act as nature’s bug repellent and insects tend to avoid them. Spider Repelling Herbs and Essential Oils include: Eucalyptus Citronella Lavender Peppermint Tea Tree Cinnamon Citrus Cedar One drop of any of these essential oils will kill a spider. Please note: Do not get essential oils on skin, clothes or wood and keep out of reach of children. DIY Spider Repellent Spray Ingredients 5-10 Drops of any of the above essential oils or a combination of the oils ¼ tsp Dish Soap 12oz of Distilled Water Directions Mix all the ingredients in a glass spray bottle and spray effected areas weekly until you no longer notice spider activity.
Sorry, my mobile phone seems to have taken away my bullet points and commas, but hopefully you can read the above.
I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service (5 star rating), please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Bonuses are appreciated... it's always nice to get tipped for your services. Best of luck.

I see that you have viewed my answer... do you have any questions?

Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
No, thanks for your response; I though I had already rated.
Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian