Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I'm looking for a cheaper alternative to previcox for by…

Hi! I'm looking for...

Hi! I'm looking for a cheaper alternative to previcox for by 112# *****! can you help??

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

He has arthritis and my vet has him on previcox but its really spendy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

legs

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Yes. its been on going

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?

Jack and he is 5 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Jack

4/25/2017
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Besides Previcox what other medications have you tried?

nothing really. just regular joint supplements and buffered asprin

An alternative is the generic of Rimadyl (carprofen) called Novox, it will be less expensive than Previcox. In addition, you can look into online pharmacy like Allivet or 800-pet meds to compare prices. You will need a prescription from your veterinarian. Do Not give Buffered Aspirin if he is on Previcox or any other type of non steriodal anti-inflammatory medication.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Dr. Peter

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
awesome, thank you!

You're welcome. :)

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian